At about 1340 today, a Lesser Black-backed Gull was hangng out with some
Herring Gulls, in the field E of the compost mounds, between the first two
fences that run N-S.  I had lost sight of it after a “flush of gulls” and also
the arrival of a class (on composting??).

The gull was adult, with lots of dark streaking on head and neck, but the white
in its primaries was not particularly visible, giving them a solid look.  On
the other hand, the bill had a bright red smudgy spot.

No pictures, as I had good looks only with 60 power on my scope from my vantage
point, far side of ponds—quite out of range of my camera.

Anne