Afraid not. That's just where the well-established supremacy of the state's
sole authority to regulate hunting comes in. This is not an issue where home
rule rights might plausibly be asserted. State-wide regulation of hunting is
clearly a preemptive "general law" as defined in Article IX of the state
constitution, and elaborated in the state publication linked below, bottom of
page 3.

https://www.dos.ny.gov/lg/publications/Adopting_Local_Laws_in_New_York_State.pdf

-Geo