Hi all,

I spent Saturday afternoon birding west shore of Cayuga lake in the hopes of
winter birds.

Highlights are as follows:-

A large flock of Horned Larks (about 150 or so) with 2 Snow Buntings on Seybolt
road between Knutytown Rd and County road 121.

Another large flock of mixed Snow Buntings and Horned Larks of about 150 birds
on manure spread fields off of Rt 89 just at the south end of Canoga.

A large flock of 1000+ Snow Geese on Rt 89 in Sheldrake near Wyers Point road.
Some of them were feeding and others were heading south west. So I tried to
follow the south west roads but did not find the additional flocks.

Raptors included 2 Turkey Vultures, 6 or 7 Red-tailed Hawks, 2 Kestrels and a
Northern Harrier.  No Rough-legged Hawks anywhere along the route.

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850