Feb 20 2016  1045 Freeville:  Two adult Bald Eagles soared over 38 just S of
the intersection with Hile School Road, one of which soared E up Hile School Rd
and across Ed Hill RD (in and out and into the basin).. They stayed very high;
an adult Red-tailed Hawk soared with them over Rt 38 and I thought briefly that
it was going to try a little chasing, but I think they were just riding the
same thermal.

                    1330 Stevenson Rd:  A Bald Eagle (3rd year with eye stripe)
soared from the E over the Stevenson Road compost mounds, bringing up almost
every bird, crow, gull, etc and left by way of the Pheasant Pens.  Not the same
one as the two that Kevin saw there earlier, based on his pictures.

                    1530 NE Ithaca:  A juvenile Bald Eagle soared N to S across
NE Elementary School, across Christopher Circle and disappeared to the SE,
eliciting some strong calling from  our Oldest Crow (18 years, 10 mos old) and
her family.   She has seen some changes in the number of urban avian predators
in her time!

Seems to be a lot of eagles around.   Perhaps it is time for juveniles and
immatures to leave the vicinity of adult nesting areas?  I don’t know enough
about eagle life histories.

Anne