For at least 20 years we have had a pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches at our feeders in winter and (another pair) in summer. This winter we had no sign of our favorites. Until today, when a single one showed up and made us glad. Soon we expect the mate to appear (we hope.)

I would like to know if any others have missed their regular RB Nuthatches this winter. I know there were several RB Nuthatches counted during the CBC on Jan.1, but not in our yard or in my Dodge Rd. count area.
Thanks,
 Nari Mistry , Ellis Hollow Rd.