Thanks to all who wrote trying to help me solve this mystery and to Dave
Nutter who went out this morning to help me identify one of the two calls.
We walked on both sides of the creek south of Ithaca High, and it was
loaded with birds!  The monotonic warble call was indeed a Dark-eyed Junco!

http://macaulaylibrary.org/audio/169037

The zipper-like call, which we did not hear today, was suggested by Asher
to possibly be a Tufted Titmouse if it had a sound like a plastic comb
being pulled along a hard edge.  I could not find a Tufted Titmouse
recording that matched in the Macauly Library.  I could not go through all
100 Pine Siskin calls in the library, but the few I went through were not
what I think I heard.

Learning to bird by ear is hard work!