I forgot to mention:

* A pair of KILLDEER at the base of the spit on Salt Point seen from Myers. One
of them was rubbing its belly into the gravel, building a nest scrape along the
west side of log near the largest westernmost tree at Salt Point. Is this site
is high enough to be above water when the lake is refilled? Will the young will
be hatched before then? It will be interesting to follow what happens here.
--Dave Nutter