Dryden back road edges are covered in robins and pipits. Also savannah
sparrows, killdeer, and a few flickers.
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2016, at 12:55 PM, "David Nicosia"
<daven102...@gmail.com<mailto:daven102...@gmail.com>> wrote:

American Pipits in many locales down here in Broome co too. Many close up.
Must have been a big fallout of this species last night.

On Apr 3, 2016 10:51 AM, "Paul Anderson"
At Myer's Point just now, where the strong North wind is brutal, there was a
remarkable number of American Pipits on the road along Salmon Creek leading up
to the spit. I estimate at least fifty.

At Ladoga, where it was more sheltered but still unpleasant, - more Pipits!
Eight on the road in, and another six or so by the shore. South of the shore
was a flock of thirteen Red-breasted Mergansers. A flock of about twenty Tree
Swallows were flying around by the docks. An Osprey was carrying nesting
material.

I had come from leading the beginner bird walk at Sapsucker Woods where four
visitors were brave enough to join. We encountered many flocks of Rusty
Blackbirds, but it was impossible for me to tell for sure how many in total
because they were moving around so much. I would guess about 20-30 individuals.
My guests were happy to see their first Sapsucker ever.

-Paul

--
Paul Anderson, VP of Engineering, GrammaTech, Inc.
531 Esty St., Ithaca, NY 14850

Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail