I filled my feeders yesterday and broadcast lots of seed today.  Wow did I get
a lot of takers!  I had a huge flock of blackbirds , Red Wings both male and
female, Grackles, Cowbirds, and Starlings.   I did get my regulars too.  There
were Cardinals, Blue Jays, Gold and House Finches, Titmice, Chickadees, Juncos,
Tree Sparrows, Song Sparrows as well as House Sparrows.  It was hard for the
little ones to get to the food due to the Blackbirds.  I had a good number of
Robins which looked very pathetic in the driving snow storm.  I saw them eating
crab apples and scavenging along the driveway. I threw  out some blueberries on
the driveway.  It took forever for the Robins to find them.  No fall out of
Pipits here, unfortunately.  My only new birds were the female Red Wings.  The
Cooper's Hawk made a fly- by and landed briefly in the cherry tree.  It was a
very birdy day.  I do wish the Blackbirds hadn't stayed around all day.

Sent from my iPad