________________________________
From: Laura Kammermeier <lauraka...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 4, 2016 6:07 PM

DETAILS:

WHAT: BIRD OF PREY DAYS hosted by Braddock Bay Raptor Research (BBBR)

   OPTICS TENT co-hosted by BBBR and Rochester Birding AssociationW

WHEN: April 23-24, 9 - 4 pm

WHERE: Braddock Bay Park on East Manitou Road in Greece

FEE: $5/suggested per adult, Kids are FREE!

WEBSITE: http://www.bbrr.org/bird-of-prey-days/

EVENTS:  (full schedule here)<http://www.bbrr.org/bird-of-prey-days/>

Birder's Gear and Optics Sales Event on Saturday and Sunday. Come take a look
at the latest and greatest in Birder's Gear & Birding Optics with
representatives from:

  *   The Bird House <http://www.thebirdhouseny.com/> from Pittsford, NY
  *   Eagle Optics<http://www.eagleoptics.com/>, nationally known retailer
  *   PhoneSkope<http://www.phoneskope.com/>, maker of phonescopng adapters

EARLY MORNING OWL PROWL

"HAWKWATCHING FROM EVERY ANGLE" WITH LUKE TILLER

WALK WITH EAGLES

HEMLOCK LAKE AND THE RESTORATION OF BALD EAGLE

THE YOUNG BIRDERS OF ROCHESTER!

SONGBIRD BANDING STATION

RAPTOR BANDING STATION

HAWK BANDING DEMONSTRATIONS

PHONESKOPING TECHNIQUES: USING YOUR SMARTPHONE FOR BETTER BIRD PHOTOGRAPHY

FALCONRY DEMONSTRATION

LIVE BIRDS OF PREY

RAPTOR BANDING AT BRADDOCK BAY - WHAT WE'VE LEARNED

KIDS MIGRATION GAMES AND ACTIVITIES

STORIES AND ACTIVITIES WITH BBRR'S OWN KELE THE KESTREL

COLORING CONTENT

EAGLE ORIGAMI

BAND-A-KID STATION

Hi,

I'm reaching out on behalf of the Rochester Birding Association (RBA) and
Braddock Bay Raptor Research (BBBR). We are co-hosting an event that birders
and Cayuga Bird Club members may be interested in.

At the popular and family friendly Bird of Prey Days from April
23-24th<http://www.bbrr.org/bird-of-prey-days/>, we have added a special
Birding Gear and Optics "tent" where birders will be able to browse through the
latest in birding gear and birding optics. We're fortunate that representatives
from Eagle Optics, Phone Skope, and our local Bird House retail shop will be
present.

Eagle Optics is highly regarded by birders as THE online place to shop for
quality birding optics and The Bird House is a local retail shop that deals in
Vortex, Nikon, and other brands as well as books, feeders, field guides, and
more.

Our event will provide a great chance for birders to talk with Optics
representatives about how to choose a quality binoculars and spotting scopes,
to look through models at every price point, to browse the latest birding gear,
AND to learn how to use a smartphone and spotting scope to digiscope birds at
great distances.

***

Bird of Prey Days is held during the peak of spring hawk migration, so in
addition to featured presentations by raptor experts (Luke Tiller, Darryl
McGrath, Paul Anderson, and more), there will be live owls, kid-friendly
activities, and world-class hawk migration if the winds are right.

This optics event offers a great opportunity for birders in need of new gear.
We recently polled area birders and found that 62% respondents are somewhat to
very likely to attend an optics show and 33% are in the market for gear and
optics.

Though it's a hop, skip and a jump from Ithaca, everyone welcome to attend and
I wonder if you wish to help spread the word?

Thanks a ton for spreading the word.

Laura Kammermeier

President, Rochester Birding Association

***

--
Laura M. Kammermeier
My Digital Nature<http://mydigitalnature.com> - consulting