I know that Jay McGowan posted a sighting of Northern Rough-winged Swallow from
Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge on 26 March, but I thought I would mention
that there were two Northern Rough-winged Swallows actively calling and flying
around above the parking lot behind Gateway Center at the base of East State
Street in Ithaca, this evening. This is a traditional location for this species
to breed. They nest in the drainage pipes which empty from the concrete
retaining wall of the parking lot into Six Mile Creek. It was nice to hear
their quick raspy vocalizations again this spring.

Good birding!!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

Sent from my iPhone