On July 31st, Dave Nutter and I will lead walks at Montezuma. Dave Nutter
will take a group down the dikes around Knox-Marcellus and Puddler's Marshes
meeting at 715 am at the East Road Parking area. I will take a group along
wildlife drive meeting at 700 am at the Visitor's center parking lot. We
have
permission to get out of our cars and view the birds along the drive. Then
Dave Nutter's group will do wildlife drive and my group will walk the dikes
at K-M and Puddler's Marshes. In this way we will have more coverage with
two
groups looking for birds.

We are doing this because of the drought conditions and lack of mudflat
habitat
at K-M marsh and Puddler's. However, the recent rains the other day and more
rain expected Friday should keep habitat at these marshes. Last Sunday
there was enough habitat at K-M and Puddler's marshes to support a group of
75-100 peeps, mostly LEAST SANDPIPERS with about 15 or so
SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS. There were a few LESSER YELLOWLEGS and
singles of SPOTTED and SOLITARY SANDPIPERS. We did enjoy close-up views
of BLACK TERN family groups, CASPIAN TERN juveniles and others.

Here are my ebird lists for last Sunday...

The forecast for this Sunday is a 30% chance for showers and thunderstorms.
Temperatures in the morning will range in the 60s and 70s. If there are
showers around, there will be more clouds. Remember the sun is very
strong this time of year. I will provide a more detailed forecast in a
couple days.

Please bring water, as we don't want anyone getting dehydrated. Sunscreen
also is recommended even with clouds.

Again we would like to thanks the folks at Montezuma for making this
happen!

See you on Sunday!!

Dave Nicosia