The area was fairly quiet when I entered from Mitchell Street around 6 this
morning. Several LEAST and a GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER were calling close to the
E.I. Rec-way. As I progressed east I was surrounded by four singing WOOD
THRUSHES and then at least six GRAY CATBIRDS. A YELLOW WARBLER was the only
warbler I encountered in the NE corner. Then it began to rain thinly, and I ran
into Chris T-Hymes. He pointed out a distant TENNESSEE WARBLER that I was
unable to hear at first. Moving closer we found a second TENNESSEE. Chris
headed into the middle of the thicket, and I worked my way back towards
Mitchell Street. Just before emerging from the trees I ran into a foraging
group of CHESTNUT-SIDED, BAY-BREASTED, and TENNESSEE WARBLERS. Apparently there
was no major fallout last night - but there were still a few good birds around.

Bob McGuire