A few of us were on shore at Harris Park watching Suan’s journey on the kayak -
a fisherman at Harris Park told us about the birder who had hastily inflated
and departed in that kayak, camera in tow, so we knew when the camera came out
that we’d be able tp pinpoint the bird.   We then headed down the shore along
Lower Lake Road (the east-side version) where a very nice local homeowner let
us view the buoy from her front lawn in exchange for scope views of the bird,
which she enjoyed enough to invite her equally bird-friendly neighbors.  :)
The Booby flushed before the train arrived and sounded its whistle - many in
our group watched its departure.  The bird flew north and we later picked it up
floating in the water opposite Harris Park, where it sat for a while before
picking up and flying north towards the railroad bridge, then south past Cayuga
Lake Park and back down to Buoy 49 where it was spotted soon afterwards by Mike
Tetlow from the west side.  Fantastic views of the bird in flight!

-kimberly sucy
-Rochester, NY