Dear all,

I hope it's ok to ask for ID help here. Between Sibley and the Lab of O's
bird call recordings, I haven't been able to get a decent ID on a bird
heard last night.

The call was a long (1-2 s) descending *clear* whistle (not a whinny like a
typical Eastern Screech Owl), starting on a high note and ending quite low.
It was repeated 3-4 times and then followed by a repeated whistle on a
single, high note. The timbre was similar to a saw-whet owl, but the tempo
was different.

It was heard at 1 AM at the border between a field and scrubby forest.

Regards,
Eva