A strange sight this morning.  There was a bird that looked like a ruffed
grouse in the grass in my city yard, surrounded by feathers on the ground.
It then flew off leaving a pile of feathers.  The fan of its tail appeared
to be that of a grouse, but I am not an experienced birder.  I almost
thought I saw blood on the chest of the bird as it flew off, but I'm not
positive, as I was concerned for my chickens, and ran to lock them up.
Would a grouse attack another bird?  Or would it suddenly shed its own
feathers on the ground?