We were happy to see a second RB Nuthatch arrived at our feeders on
Nov.3. This past Feb, only one returned to our feeders -- we suspect the
mate had died.  Eventually a second RB Nuthatch showed up, clearly a
young one that was quite unfamiliar with feeders.

Then in September only one returned, until two days ago when the second
showed up. Both have been feeding since then.

Also, since Oct.30 we have had two male Purple Finches and one female. A
female P Finch always shows up before any males every year. Is this a
normal pattern seen by others?

Nari Mistry,  Ellis Hollow Rd.