Two more Count Week species: Kevin McGowan found 2 Cackling Geese at Stewart
Park this morning, and I just saw a report from Marsha Kardon that the Eastern
Towhee was at her feeder area on 31 December. If only it were also there on the
1st, too, it would raise the count day total.
On a different note, yesterday I saw 2 almost-adult-plumage Bald Eagles (dark
brown bodies, white heads & tails but a narrow dark stripe near the tip of the
tail of each) perched together atop a big Sycamore by the bike path between the
golf course and Renwick near the parking for anglers. They flushed but settled
again on a tree across the creek in Renwick. Maybe they are a young couple
looking for a nest site.