Hi All,

The bird that was attacked by the Gyrfalcon was one of the birds that has been
banded. It has a really dark head, but upon viewing it on the computer, I could
easily see a color difference in the dark head from the body. A check with a
friend who is familiar with the banding process confirmed it as a banded bird
which is marked with a black magic marker so it will be recognized as one
already banded.

Diana Whiting

dianawhitingphotography.com