I, too, did some feeder-watching this afternoon. I was hoping for a Fox
Sparrow, a species which I saw in my yard a few years back during a late heavy
snowstorm. My hopes were raised briefly by what turned out to be a Song
Sparrow, which eventually fed on a suet/seed block, a behavior I hadn't seen
before. I guess that bird must innovate to stay fed.

I also saw an Icterid which I expected to be a local Red-winged Blackbird,
since they have been in the area and even sung from my yard, where they nest.
Instead it turned out to be a Rusty Blackbird, a new species for my yard,
although there is a bit of woods and wetland adjacent. I think it was visiting
feeders at my neighbor's.