I was out on snowshoes in my backyard around 7:30 last night (dusk). I was
going down towards the stream when a bird in flight caught my eye. It was
headed up the stream bed and it landed out of sight near the stream. It made no
noise - neither vocalizations nor wing noise. It appeared to be football-shaped
and not a very big bird (large robinesque). There is nearby a known habit for
Woodcock and I'm thinking that's what it might have been.  Any other thoughts
for me to consider?

Lois Chaplin
Beam HIll