Lindsay-Parsons seems to harbor a lot of strange singers.

During the Spring Bird Quest on Saturday, May 27, I recorded the following
"ascending song", which starts around the 5-second mark in this clip:

  http://suan-yong.com/sound/lindsay-parsons-2017-05-27.wav

What do you think it is? This was recorded just as the trail first leaves
the forest, from a large maple tree at the forest/field edge.

I have a candidate answer (a silent bird observed in the same tree as the
singer, though the bird was never seen singing, nor was it ever seen at the
same time the song was sung). I'll divulge my candidate later.

E-mail me off-list with your thoughts and guesses.

Suan

PS. That short iPhone-recorded clip has quite the plethora of different
songs, more so that I think I was aware of at time of recording. How many
can you identify?