Sorry I omitted there was also a Ruddy Turnstone running around on dry mud
among the sparser cattails and prying up small clods of dirt in lieu of stones.
Thanks again to all who helped make these trips happen. That includes both
refuge staff, Andrea Van Beusichem and Linda Ziemba in particular, but also
whoever mows the dikes, and all the birders working together. I believe Dave
Nicosia is leading a similar trip at 7am from the Visitor Center to K-M the
next 2 Saturday mornings, September 2 & 9, and Mike Tetlow is leading one
starting later on Saturday September 16. I hope to be there and see many of you
at the next one.
--Dave Nutter
PS - "White-rumpled Sandpiper" is a fiction from the world of auto-incorrect
spelling. The bird was very plump, but not at all rumpled, and in fact it did
briefly show a white rump in flight, although that was not how we identified
it. White-rumped Sandpiper is what I swear I wrote.