You may recall me mentioning my friend Reuben Stoltzfus. He's an excellent
birder whom I first met on one of the Knox-Marsellus shorebird walks several
years ago, along with his wife, a sister (both also birders), and a quiet
infant. His family would like to go on the field trip tomorrow. Some of you who
were on my Montezuma overnight SFO trip this spring will remember the lovely
time we had looking for field birds and watching a Great Horned Owl nest at
their farm. Quiet, sweet folks, all of them. They are Amish, and their usual
drivers are off for the holiday weekend. My car can only take 4 of them, but
they are 5 total. If anyone going on this trip would be willing to pick up some
or all of them in Ovid about 6:15am and bring them back from East Rd afterward
(they are flexible about the return time and understand that the walk may last
till at least noon), please call me ASAP at 607-229-2158. There's a breakfast
sandwich in it for you as well as good company. Thanks!
--Dave Nutter