I prefer to get my car serviced at picturesque places out in the country so I
can be surrounded by nature while I wait.
While getting new tires at Pete's Tires on Bone Plain Road near Sheldon Road,
in Town of Dryden, I was able to bird around the property the whole time I
waited.

Besides a thicketed wetland with a little stream running through it across the
road, there are three,  tiered, beaver ponds with nice mudflats, where I've
seen Spotted Sandpiper's in the past.

And this day (8/30) I saw a pair of Eastern Kingbirds, at least two pairs of
American Goldfinch, several juvenile American Robins, a Green Heron and a Great
Blue Heron, flycatcher spp. , a female Belted Kingfisher, an immature Osprey
perched on a skinny dead tree, A. Crows, Gray Catbirds, an un-identified
warbler, & domestic chickens crowing.

Donna Scott
Lansing
Sent from my iPhone