This weekend is the Montezuma Muckrace, a 24-hour bird-a-thon to find as
many bird species as possible within the 242-square-mile area that
comprises the Montezuma wetlands complex. The Cayuga Bird Club will be
sponsoring our "Arrogant Bustards" team in this year's Muckrace, with Susan
Danskin, Ann Mitchell, Diane Morton, Ken Kemphues, Dave Nutter, Gary
Kohlenberg, Dierdre Anderson and Bob McGuire. We will be competing in the
"recreational" category.

If you'd like to make a donation in support of the Arrogant Bustards team
(or any other team) for this fundraiser, you can do that online at the
Montezuma Muckrace website:
http://friendsofmontezuma.org/projects-programs/muckrace/  (or download a
pledge form to mail).

The Montezuma Wetlands Complex is a major migration stopover for waterfowl,
shorebirds, and land birds, and provides breeding habitat for several
species of conservation concern, including Bald Eagles, Black Terns, and
Cerulean Warblers.  The Montezuma Wetlands Complex was designated an
Important Bird Area of global significance in 1997. Last year's Muckrace
raised over $10,000 for use on habitat restoration, removal of invasive
plants, improvement of water level management and other projects.

Help us support this important center of bird conservation that lies at the
north end of our Cayuga Lake basin!

Susan, Ann, Diane, Ken, Gary, Dave, Dierdre and Bob
The Arrogant Bustards