About 9:30 AM today while walking from Cass Park to Hog Hole,  we saw what
we thought were loons swimming near the red buoy/lighthouse past the jetty
at the south end of Cayuga Lake.  There were about 35.  I wanted to report
them to Ebird but was advised they are rare for this date and location, so
I haven't reported them yet.  The other possibility is that they were
grebes.  When I put in PBGR,I was told this is a high count for this date
and location.    Based on size and sillhouette we think they are loons.  We
only had binoculars with us.  Any suggestions?

Fred Kardon