The Sandhill Cranes were not in evidence on Armitage Road at 11 this morning.
Lots of hunters, though. 9 Cranes flew in, calling, when I checked
Knox-Marsellus at 10:45. I have no idea where the rest of them found refuge.

If you drive up there today, check on the 2 newly-arrived CATTLE EGRETS at
Goose Haven on Rt 89.

The shorebird mix at Bennings Marsh kept changing. At one point there were 9
Long-billed Dowitchers, 7 Pectoral Sandpipers, and some 30 Dunlin. Plus one
each of Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs.

Bob McGuire