From: bounce-122157940-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-122157940-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:02 AM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Stewart Park this morning - two Greater White-fronted
Geese

The viewing conditions from the East side of Stewart Park this morning were
quite good; it's bright and although it is quite cold, there is very little
wind.

The most notable birds were two Greater White-fronted Geese sleeping next to a
small group of gulls and easy to find. If these two stick around for the bird
count we will have a record. The species has been seen only twice before, and
only solo.

I searched in vain for a Glaucous gull, but found none.

The raft of ducks is visible from there, but they are much better seen from
East Shore Park. Among them were two Pintail, two Ruddy Ducks, a handful of
Lesser Scaup, and a few Ring-necked Ducks. I was surprised to find no
Canvasback.

--
Paul Anderson, VP of Engineering, GrammaTech, Inc.
531 Esty St., Ithaca, NY 14850