I photographed a distant dark-mantled gull at Indian Point in Fulton today that
I called a Lesser Black-backed. It’s been pointed out to me that the bird is
actually a (or more likely THE) Slaty-backed Gull first seen at Lock 6 in
Oswego on January 16 and not reported since January 19. The bird has a wide
tertial crescent with head and neck streaking similar to the Slaty-backed seen
a week ago.  So the bird is still on the Oswego River and the gulls generally
concentrate near the locks and dams where the fish are easier to get. Highly
cropped photos at: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42179143

Bill Purcell