Yesterday, Dave Nutter was riding with me as we participated in Suan’s CBC
field trip around the lake. Great trip, by the way many thanks to Suan and
others. Dave suggested that I start listening for woodcock by the field next to
where I live - just West of Mecklenberg on Rt. 79. So, 6:25PM this evening, I
walked down the road to the field and PRESTO! There he was and I could hear him
peenting clearly. Thanks Dave. Looks like Spring is trying to poke through
Winter’s shroud.

Ken Haas