Candace is there anyone you can give that feedback to?Pete Sar

-------- Original message --------From: Candace Cornell <cec...@gmail.com>
Date: 4/7/18  9:55 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Robyn Bailey <rb...@cornell.edu>, Carol
Keeler <carolk...@adelphia.net>, cayugabirds-l <cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Ospreys
Plastic saucers called nesting dishes are used extensively by utility companies
throughout Florida to attract ospreys and eagles. Now, the National Grid is
using them in Central NY. Unfortunately, the installers of the new nest dish
off Rt. 89 at the Oak Orchard Campground does not appear to be seeded. It will
be a hard beginning to the mating season to have to rebuild your nest from
scratch without the stimuli of the seeded twigs.

I don't care for these nesting dishes for several reasons. I don't think the
dishes have enough drainage holes for severe rains storms. They also do not
provide a perch from which the adults keep guard of the nest. With no real
sides, these dishes do not prevent nest from blowing off the platform.​​​Eyes
to the Sky,Canace​
On Fri, Apr 6, 201