The bill looks foreshortened because of this pose, but note that it’s all dark,
down-curved and quite pointy. The breast and flanks have streaks rather than
spots; the eye is yellow. The whole color scheme is right for Brown Thrasher,
even down to the white wing bars, which you won’t see on any of our Thrushes.

-Geo