I think everyone is struggling to find any kind of food in this spring that
is mostly devoid of insects.  Leaf litter would be a logical place to look.

Linda Orkin

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 3:40 PM, W. Larry Hymes <w...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> While walking through Mundy Wildflower Garden today, I came across both
> RUBY-CROWNED and GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS foraging together.  That in itself
> is not so unusual.  What was really strange, however, was they were
> foraging among the leaf litter *on the ground*!!  That's a first for me!
>
> We are still having FOX SPARROWS --- 9 days in a row, and counting!  I
> tried to trade a Fox Sparrow for Ann Mitchell's Towhee, but she hasn't seen
> it for awhile.  How about you, Asher.  Got anything good to swap for one of
> "my" Fox Sparrows?
>
> Larry

> *Archives:*
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!*

"For the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun
and the light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born
into the world to enjoy" Plutarch

If you permit
this evil, what is the good
of the good of your life?