This morning 8:30-10am I saw so many birds in my loop through Renwick Woods
to the Swan Pond and then through the Golf Course.

Here are the highlights and many FOYs for me:
--flicker kek-kek-keking incessantly near the top of a tree near a snag.  I
think it was a she (no mustache)
--I estimate that there were at least 12 Golden-rumped Warblers.  They were
all sitting around the main pond on shrubs or up in trees darting out to
snag a bug over the water and back.  This was happening so fast, I could
not accurately count them.  The loud music and yelling over with the crew
team did not seem to affect them or their calling.
--By 9:30am, I noticed a second warbler, the Yellow Warbler!  They had more
of a swallow-like insect hunting behavior.  At times I thought I saw a
third species of warbler and other species of swallow, and then they
disappeared.  I thought I heard a flycatcher a few times, but never saw
it.  The swallows showed up soon thereafter, and I think they sound
slightly different.
--Then by 10am, a huge swarm of swallows arrived, about 30!  They were all
over the pond zipping back and forth.  I watched to see if the GRWs
stopped.  They seemed to break for a minute or two, but then they went back
at it.  It was quite the choreography, and they seemed to operate at
different heights above the pond. I definitely saw Barn Swallows and think
I may have seen one of the other kinds.
*---As all of this was going on, the bull frogs started up.*
*--As I walked across the golf course, the tree frog went at it.*
*--Heard but not seen: Kingfisher, Song Sparrow, American Redstart*

*Welcome back friends!!!*

*CLIMATE CHANGE ACTION YOU CAN TAKE: Divesting from animal agriculture by
switching to a plant-based diet can help *
*​mitigate significant amounts of methane*
*.  A vegan diet is heart-healthy, non-violent, anti-colonial, and
sustainable! **Pledge the **Ithaca *
*10 or 30-day (Plant-based) Vegan
Challenge!**www.facebook.com/groups/IthacaVeganChallenge/
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/IthacaVeganChallenge/>*

Instagram* #VeganPlanet2020*

*---**Sandy Wold, **sustainability educator/artist*
B.S. Chemistry/Biochemistry, University of Florida
M.S. Science Education​, UC Santa Cruz/SUNY Cortland
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandy-wold-877114a7/
https://sandy-wold.squarespace.com/