I have very much been enjoying the glorious and fragrant blossoms of crabapple trees, especially at the collection of said trees in the F.R. Newman Arboretum. I have further been delighted by the frequenting of these trees by orioles (I've only seen males so far). I am curious if anyone knows what they are gleaning from the buds and blossoms. They do not appear to be eating the buds or flower petals. They delicately put the bills in the blossoms, coming away with something that is invisible to me. Nectar? Pollen? Tiny insects? Stamens? Whatever they are doing it is certainly lovely to watch. And they like it so much that I saw two males in one tree seemingly oblivious to each other.