Hi all!
Given the great variety of shorebirds seen at Montezuma in Knox-Marcellus
recently, I inquired whether there would be any guided shorebird walks this
year, and they offered me the chance to lead one!
We will meet at the Visitor Center at 7am on Saturday August 4th (10 days
from now) and carpool over to East Rd. to head out on the dikes between K-M
and Puddler marshes. This is an excellent opportunity to get close to the
birds in an area of the refuge usually closed to public access. I'm sure
Andrea will post the official notice of the walk soon, but I wanted to get
the word out early. All are welcome!
As this is my first time leading a shorebird walk, and I am still working
on my shorebird ID skills, I would love any assistance from folks who have
more experience. Any tips and advice are most welcome. Please bring
binoculars and/or a scope if you have one, a willingness to share, and
water.
Hope to see you all there!
Best,
Josh