Earlier this year, a Robin that had built a nest on my infrequently used porch
abandoned the nest and left four eggs behind. She was apparently distraught
over the human activity. Fast forward a couple months - I return to the porch
to discover that she had returned to the nest and had two chicks that were
about to fledge, which they did. I checked out the nest to discover that she
had added to the nest and started over again. The original eggs are encased in
nesting material at the bottom of the nest.

Lois Chaplin