It is back, or at least another gray phase bird is back in the same hole.

In the northwestern corner of the parking area for Slaterville's Dandy Market,
the bird was there yesterday (Monday). It is back in the same hole which has
had a screech for at least three years. In the past I recall it sitting with
only its head in the opening. This time almost its entire body was visible,
including a white v in the lower part of the chest.

I use Dandys several times a week and check the hole every time. I have not
seen an owl in that cavity since last winter.

hoot, hoot

John Confer