I don’t know how others responded but perhaps the tree provides some specific
site related shelter from the cold that may not be true or necessary at other
times or in the past. I sound think you would see them foraging if they were.

Keep watching and see what you see.

Linda Orkin
Ithaca NY

Sent from my iPhone