I went to Montezuma on the west side of Cayuga Lake yesterday (26 March). There
are still resting Snow Goose concentrations off Poplar Beach Rd near the Beer
Garden or FLLT’s Van Riker Preserve on NYS-89 and at Knox-Marsellus Marsh off
East Road in Montezuma NWR. Along Lower Lake Rd there were 3 male Blue-winged
Teal opposite #2776. I saw a male Eurasian Wigeon with American Wigeons in the
back of the pond at Martens Tract off Savannah-Spring Lake Rd and in the front
center of Knox-Marsellus. Three Greater Yellowlegs continue in the flooded
field alongside Carncross Rd. The Wildlife Drive opens 1 April.

- - Dave Nutter