Hey all,
I was out birding the county line between Schuyler and Seneca Counties
(Seneca Rd, just west of Vesa Rd.) and a bright red medium sized parrot of
some sort flew across the road and perched in the low shrubs lining the
road. I snapped a few photos, but they came out very dark and poor. The
bird had a light blue patch on the wing, was mostly dark red, and flashed
green from somewhere while in flight. Attached is the checklist, just
figured I'd pass along the info in case anyone is searching for the poor
bird. Based on a quick google search it most resembles a Scarlet Rosella,
but I don't know much about captive species.
Thanks,
Josh
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S54554220