Hi everyone,

This year the Cayuga Bird Club is leading public bird walks in Stewart Park
on Saturday mornings in April and May.  Walks start at 9am and will last
about an hour.  The Club purchased 5 new binoculars this winter to use on
bird walks like these.  So, folks who don't have binoculars of their own
can come out and enjoy the birds.

The Club also is putting final touches on a new Purple Martin house to be
put in Stewart Park, is putting up nest boxes for Prothonotary Warblers and
other small, cavity-nesting birds in both Renwick Woods adjacent to Stewart
Park and in Lighthouse Point Woods / Jetty Woods across Fall Creek.  We
also are doing other habitat improvement work in LPW / JW.  We encourage
folks to go birding there to check it out.

Please let me know if you'd like other information about the walks, nest
boxes, or habitat work, or if you'd like to get involved.

Thanks
Jody Enck

Jody W. Enck, PhD
Conservation Social Scientist, and