The osprey nest on the top of the cell tower along Rt 96 just outside of the
hamlet of Covert, Seneca County, is active again.  My earliest sighting was
April 11.

More recently, while I was driving by, I noticed an osprey sitting atop a
utility pole by the road, and as I drove by, it dropped to the ground, picked
something up without landing, and flew off.  I thought it was prey, though I
didn't know that ospreys fed on anything besides fish.  I suppose it could have
been grabbing nesting material, but it looked like it was carrying a rodent.

Marty
Marty Schlabach                       m...@cornell.edu
8407 Powell Rd.                         home  607-532-3467
Interlaken, NY 14847               cell        315-521-4315