On Tuesday morning in Sapsucker Woods, I joined Tom Hoebbel, Holly Adams,
Diane Morton, Laurie Ray, Leigh Stivers, and several others in watching at
least one female and six male CAPE MAY WARBLERS in the flowering pear trees
at the footbridge at the western split of the Wilson Trail North.  The gray
sky and the near-constant zooming combat among the males made for
challenging viewing, but with patience, we all got extremely good looks.  I
don’t think I’d ever previously seen so many Cape May Warblers so close
together for so long.

NORTHERN PARULAS were offering excellent views here too.  Other warblers
were a bit harder to find, but collectively I think we found at least a
dozen other species, including WILSON’S, BAY-BREASTED, BLACKBURNIAN,
BLACK-THROATED BLUE, BLACK-THROATED GREEN, BLUE-WINGED, BLACK-AND-WHITE,
and NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH.

Mark Chao