This came over the GroupMe CayugaRBA earlier this morning and via email in an
eBird alert for Tompkins County. This bird was originally reported yesterday
evening (May 9). Photos of Summer Tanager are in the checklist.

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

Summer Tanager (Piranga rubra) (1)
- Reported May 09, 2019 18:00 by Wendy Fuller
- My Home, Tompkins, New York
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.5137383,-76.6219649&ll=42.5137383,-76.6219649
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Same Bird - Sorry I only have an Iphone camera!  Really red all
over, straightish light colored beak. Smaller then a robin and sleeker.  Does
NOT hop on the ground like our cardinals.  I don't know a lot about birds but I
do know it is not a cardinal.  Is hanging out by porch roof, there are
carpenter bee traps (hence bees) hanging from the porch.  I also thought it
looked pink ... we had Indigo buntings, Baltimore Orioles and cardinals, so I
was like .."Did I just see a pink bird?"  Sorry I'm not a birder and can't give
you really good birder info. The Sedlaceks (Karel and Cynthia)  helped me
identify the bird.”

--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
Field Applications Engineer