Sounds like a wonderful  morning.  Glad you were out there.

Interestingly we did not hear any Northern Waterthrush along the Woodleton
Boardwalk yesterday either and they are so reliably persistent, usually.

Linda Orkin
Ithaca, NY

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:47 PM Mark Chao <markc...@imt.org> wrote:

> I walked around much of Sapsucker Woods with visiting scientist Martin
> Stervander.  It was by far the best morning of the spring for me, probably
> a top-ten day for me ever in the sanctuary, all the more so because we
> picked up many lifers for Martin.  The treetops from Sherwood Platform past
> the Charley Harper Bench all the way to the road were teeming with great
> numbers of at least 19 warbler species, including CAPE MAY (4+ M, 1 F),
> BAY-BREASTED (3+), TENNESSEE (3+, one confirmed by sight), BLACKBURNIAN
> (8+), NORTHERN PARULA (7+), PINE (1 M, surprising to see by Fuller
> Wetlands, not near any pines – confirmed by photo), BLACK-THROATED BLUE (4
> M, 1 F), BLACK-THROATED GREEN (6+), CHESTNUT-SIDED (6+), NASHVILLE (2,
> heard only), BLACK-AND-WHITE (1 seen, 1+ heard only), WILSON’S (seen by
> Martin, missed by me), and one HOODED (heard only, but I feel sure).
> Northern Waterthrush would have made 20 warbler species for the morning,
> but somehow we didn’t hear any along the Woodleton Boardwalk.  We also
> found a couple of YELLOW-THROATED VIREOS and BLUE-HEADED VIREOS.
>

> Mark Chao
> *Archives:*
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!*

"For the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun
and the light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born
into the world to enjoy" Plutarch

If you permit
this evil, what is the good
of the good of your life?