This morning, I lead another local Cayuga Bird Club field trip to the Hawthorn
Orchard. This was co-lead by Ken Kemphues and Bob McGuire, with addition
support from Suan Yong.

It was unprecedentedly quiet this morning for peak migration. Despite the
apparent lack of migration, we did have really nice views of several of the
species listed below. A few highlights include an early morning Tennessee
Warbler, mid-morning Nashville Warbler, and a late morning Wilson’s Warbler and
American Redstart (on our way back to the cars).

The only thing missing from the astounding quiet this morning were some late
summer crickets! ;-)

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H