Well, even sticking my laptop into my ear I can't hear the second trill.
Heck, I can barely hear the first one. The thing is the pitch of the first
one is right on for D-e Junco, we are surrounded with them up here in the
Hemlock Plantation. I have never heard them issue a later higher trill.

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 4:49 PM Barbara Bauer Sadovnic <bsadov...@htva.net>
wrote:

> Thank you all for the replies.
>
> Asher, Sandy, Laura, and Meena suggest dark-eyed junco.  Laurie suggests
> bluegrass gnatcatcher, or one of the little flycatchers,willow or alder.
> My one glimpse could have been a junco, but it really was just a glimpse.
>
> The song has been very consistent all three days I heard it - a high
> trill, then a trill about a major third higher.  That’s what it does!
>
> It’s in a smallish grove/hedgerow between two fields, with a larger grove
> acrosss the road.  It sings from a place I can’t spot, except for the one
> time I saw it, when it was singing from the top of a dead tree at the side
> of the road.  Some of the time it was in walnut trees.
>
> On Jun 8, 2019, at 3:44 PM, Sandy Podulka <s...@cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> A bit puzzling. The song trill seems to have two parts?  A lower part and
> then a higher part?  It is not a typical song of any birds around here.
> But, perhaps it is an odd Junco song. Could it be a Dark-eyed Junco?  What
> is the habitat like and where is the bird singing from?  Another option
> might be Chipping Sparrow.
>
> Sandy
>
> At 02:14 PM 6/8/2019, you wrote:
>
> This bird has been on Tucker Rd. in Enfield since Friday May 31, at
> least.  I only got a brief look at it, on Tuesday - small and backlit -
> grayish, clear pale breast, shortish tail.  But the song is distinctive.
> It was singing again today, but I couldn’t see it!  What is it?
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6ejwayrd1x8sva/Tucker%20Rd%20bird%206-4-2019.m4a?dl=0

> ARCHIVES:

> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

> *Archives:*