Joann and I drove through Montezuma this afternoon. We knew a few Yellowlegs
had dropped in Friday but surprised to find 32 Lessers and 1 Greater plus 1
Least and 1 Spotted Sandpiper in the flooded grasses near the channel halfway
down the main pool. Then another 27 Lesser and 3 Greater Yellowlegs at Eaton
marsh. Shorebird Flats had 2 Pied-billed Grebe families. One with 2 young, the
other with 4. A Common Gallinule family there had 7 young. Up at the west end
of Benning Marsh there was a Female Gadwall with 8 new babies. At Morgan Road a
flock of 18 Sandhill Cranes were on the back edge of the cornfield on the right
just before the first house. 2 more Cranes( no young)were on Carncross. Also
the first time we’ve heard Cerluean Warbler in the woods just north of
Carncross. Mike and Joann Tetlow

Sent from my iPhone